Comments and complaints Request a call back
To rent, buy or swap
Tell us what matters most to you
Everything you need to know

For further advice and support, please call us on 0300 123 6000

Money matters

We want all our residents to feel comfortable and secure in their homes, so providing support and advice to those who need a helping hand is a vital part of our work.

Part of our service is to provide financial advice so if you think you are getting into debt, please speak to us. We can help you to find a solution. For social landlords like us, evictions are only ever a last resort.

For advice about managing your money call Customer Services and ask to speak to the Income team.

We can also offer advice on the recent changes to how benefits are calculated and paid. If you would like to find out which benefits you are entitled to, use our benefits calculator.

The service can:

  • Support you in claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
  • Help those of you on a low income with budgeting
  • Provide you with advice on maximising your income
  • Advise you regarding priority debts
  • Help you to contact your creditors to reduce you payments
  • Support you with more serious financial difficulties which may require alternatives such as debt relief orders and bankruptcy

Click here to go to the Money Advice Service website which has a range of helpful information on all things money-related.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The best advice will always to be to contact us in the first instance, but there may be times when you could need a little extra help. Maybe there are problems with housing benefit that you have tried to resolve but have been unable to, maybe your tax credits or Universal Credit have been disrupted, or maybe a change in circumstances has left you in debt and you are not sure how to move forward. 

Your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can provide you with free, impartial advice and help you to resolve these problems and ensure you get your rent payments back on track.

For tenants living in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire we have a special agreement. If you run into arrears, your Income Officer might refer you to CAB directly and you can expect a call and an offer of an appointment, either over the phone or in person.

 Alternatively, you can call the Northamptonshire office on 01604 235080 or the Leicestershire office on 01530 551420 directly. Please mention that you are an emh homes tenant when calling.