Compliments, concerns, and complaints

We appreciate all feedback and are always open to listening to the views and ideas of our residents.


Complaints Guide

Listening and putting things right

At emh group our aim is to deliver excellent standards of service to all our residents. However, we acknowledge that sometimes things go wrong or that the services we offer may not always meet expectations. When our services do not live up to expectations or if you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve our services, we want to know about it so we can put things right and learn from mistakes.

We appreciate all feedback and are always open to listening to the views and ideas of our residents.

This guide is designed to simplify the process and make it easier for you to complain and get a resolution as quickly as possible. It shows how to contact us and how we deal with your request. Further information on how we deal with complaint and subscribe to the Housing Ombudsman’s complaint handling code can be found in our Complaints Policy.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is defined as an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.

How to complain

If you wish to provide us with feedback you can do so in the following ways and we will always acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days. We ask that if your feedback is of an emergency nature that you call us where possible. We ask that you please inform us of any personal circumstances to allow us to adjust the process for you.

Self-service portal:


Facebook & Twitter: @emhhomes

Website online form:

Telephone: 0300 123 6000

By post: emh homes, Jubilee House, Whitwick Business Park, Stenson Road, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 4NA.

Through an Advocate: If you need support in raising a complaint you may go to an MP, Councillor or through an advocate who will act on your behalf.

Housing Ombudsman

Who they are

The Housing Ombudsman Service is set up by law to look at complaints about the housing organisations that are registered with them. Their service is free, independent and impartial.

They resolve disputes involving the tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities) and their voluntary members (private landlords and letting agents who are committed to good service for their tenants).

How they work

They consider complaints using their dispute resolution principles, and encourage landlords and residents to use these principles so they can resolve complaints together at the earliest possible opportunity. Their dispute resolution process is based on these principles. If it is possible, early, local resolution is always the best resolution. As a service they improve by learning from outcomes, and helping individuals and organisations to do the same by learning from best practice across the housing sector.

Their actions are also governed by the Housing Ombudsman Scheme, which sets out the matters that they can and cannot consider within their role. See their jurisdiction fact sheet for more information.

Should you wish to contact the Housing Ombudsman or obtain further information, you can do so using the below details:

Telephone: 0300 111 3000


By post: Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ


Lessons Learnt

We value complaints and pride ourselves on having a positive complaint handling culture whereby we aim to provide a quality service whilst also having the ability to learn and improve from feedback from our residents. We use findings and data from all feedback and contacts to proactively make positive changes that will benefit all residents.

Various resident involvement groups and the Scrutiny Panel help us to shape our services and are consulted on the formulation of various policies and procedures. Accountability and openness are integral parts of our organisational values. We therefore share information with our residents on any changes that might be of interest to them. This will be through various communications such as e-zines, social media and annual reports.

Financial services provided by emh homes: Complaints policies

This policy covers complaints received by emh group in relation to services that are not considered as requiring regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority under Consumer Credit Activities.

Complaints relating to FCA regulated services are dealt with under a separate policy as required by the FCA. The services this covers are:

  • Lifeline (not including personal alarms linked to tenancies)
  • Financial advice, including debt advice and debt adjusting
  • Tenants contents insurance
  • Open Market Homebuy properties
  • Equity loans
  • Debt collection in relation to the above services

Our Group