Moving in

Welcome to your new home!


You will find a lot of information about our homes and related services on this website, but if you have any questions about moving in please get in touch.

Signing the tenancy agreement

When you moved in you will have signed a tenancy agreement, a legal contract between yourself and emh homes. The agreement sets out your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. The agreement also sets out our rights and responsibilities as a landlord.

There are different types of tenancy agreement depending on when you became a tenant, the type of home you live in, and the needs of you or your family.

The Tenant Handbook is your quick guide to everything you need to know about your home. You can download it here:

  • Meet the team

    We will aim to resolve your query at first point of contact. Our Customer Service Centre is open from 8am to 6pm to answer queries and deal with requests around rents, repairs and housing matters.

    The Housing and Neighbourhoods team operates a visiting service, meeting you out and about in the community. You can arrange a visit from your housing officer if you need assistance. Some of the reasons include requests around mutual exchanges, to report nuisance behaviour, and to discuss any tenancy or estate management issue. We have a specialist anti-social behaviour team which deals with medium to high level nuisance complaints.

  • Parking permits

    We are currently reviewing parking management arrangements across our schemes. Where parking control is in place, please contact Customer Services to discuss how you can apply for an additional permit.

  • Pets

    If you have your own entrance or garden you may apply for permission to have a pet. However, you are not permitted to keep any dog which fits the description under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Please also be advised that you are responsible for managing the behaviour of any pets that you choose to keep at the property.

    Permission for you to keep a pet can be revoked at any time where these conditions are not met.

    You are not allowed to keep a dog or a cat in flats or properties where there is a communal entrance or shared garden(s) unless it is a disability dog.

  • Subletting

    As a tenant of emh you may be able to sublet part of your property.

    We fully support the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme and any of our customers who want to help Ukrainian nationals at this very difficult time. As an organisation, we are doing all we can to help and work with our key local authority partners. Details of the scheme are available online.

    Everyone who applies to this scheme will be subject to a range of checks, including those in the sponsoring household and those coming to the UK. Homes will also be checked for suitability. You must be willing to provide accommodation for at least 6 months. You will not receive rent payments; however, the Government is offering an optional "thank you" payment of £350 per month. Current information states that this payment should not affect a sponsors entitlement to benefits or council tax status. We will continue to update our website as more information about the scheme becomes available.

    If you have room for a lodger and are thinking about registering on the scheme, please remember there are a few things to bear in mind to make sure you are still complying with your tenancy agreement.

    • If you are a tenant with emh homes, you need to seek our permission.
    • You also must not overcrowd your home.
    • You will be responsible for the behaviour of your lodger and all household members.
    • Subletting the whole of your property is illegal and enforcement action will be taken against you.

Our Group