Gas safety

Our Gas Safe registered engineers will inspect your gas appliances every year to ensure they are in safe working order.

This should avoid any problems, but if you suspect a gas leak:

  • open all doors and windows
  • turn off the gas supply (usually next to your gas meter unless in a cellar or basement)
  • avoid the use of any naked flames, mobile phones or electrical switches

Carbon monoxide

Around 50 people in the UK die each year due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused by defective gas appliances. It is therefore vital that you allow us access to carry out the annual safety inspection.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, tasteless and non-irritating toxic gas. In the early stages of the poisoning, symptoms are similar to other common ailments so it can go undetected until it is too late.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

  • headaches or dizziness
  • breathlessness
  • nausea
  • loss of consciousness
  • chest pains
  • erratic behaviour
  • visual problems

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms having been exposed to carbon monoxide, please seek urgent medical advice from your GP or an A&E department or call NHS Direct on 111.

If you smell gas call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999.

Our Group