If you wish to have a lodger at your property you must first ask for written permission. Taking in a lodger must not mean that your property is overcrowded. You should inform your local authority and benefits agency to ensure that it will not affect your entitlement to benefits.

As your tenancy agreement states, you will be responsible for the behaviour of your lodger. Sub-letting of your whole property is illegal and enforcement action will be taken against you.

Our Group