Citizens Advice Power Up Smart
Citizens Advice Derbyshire Districts has partnered with Western Power Distribution to ensure vulnerable people can get free and impartial advice on energy, money, benefits, and health and wellbeing.
Western Power Distribution is responsible for electricity distribution in the Midlands (and the South West and Wales), and transports electricity to your home by their network. They are not the same as your supplier (e.g. British Gas or EDF) who you choose to supply your gas and electricity.
If you rely on electricity for medical equipment or if you are elderly, very ill or disabled you can join the free Western Power Distribution Priority Services Register.
If you join the register Western Power Distribution can:
- Give you a direct number to call in the event of a power cut so you can get straight through to them
- Agree a password with you before a visit so you feel safe
- Provide special help if needed through the British Red Cross
- Let you know about planned interruptions to your electricity supply
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut
- Share information with your energy supplier so that they are aware of any additional support needs you have
You can sign up for free online or by calling 0800 096 3080.