New website for Blaby Resident Support Team
The Resident Support Team has a new webpage on the Blaby DC website, where you can make an online referral or access a printable version of their referral form, and get details of a whole host of outside agencies.
The flexible support they provide is a free short-term service for residents aged 18 years and over who live within the Blaby District, tailored to the needs of each individual.
The team works with people in their own homes and out in the community at convenient times to suit them, and is based at the Council Offices in Narborough.
The support the team can provide includes:
- Support to prevent the risk of homelessness
- Maximising income (claiming benefits)
- Addressing Housing arrears
- Budgeting and debt management
- Support setting up rent and utility payments
- Registering with health services
- Independent Living skills (e.g. form filling and phone calls)
- Applying for grants and funding
- Setting up a new home
- Signposting to other services and making referrals on your behalf
As well as self-referrals, referrals can also be accepted from professionals, other agencies, and community groups.
More details on the website.