Money matters

For further advice and support, please call us on 0300 123 6000


We want all our residents to feel comfortable and secure in their homes, so providing support and advice to those who need a helping hand is a vital part of our work.

Part of our service is to provide financial advice so if you think you are getting into debt, please speak to us. We can help you to find a solution. For social landlords like us, evictions are only ever a last resort.

For advice about managing your money call our Customer Service Centre and ask to speak to the Income team.

We can also offer advice on the recent changes to how benefits are calculated and paid. If you would like to find out which benefits you are entitled to, use the Turn2Us benefits calculator.

The service can:

  • Support you in claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
  • Help those of you on a low income with budgeting
  • Provide you with advice on maximising your income
  • Advise you regarding priority debts
  • Help you to contact your creditors to reduce your payments
  • Support you with more serious financial difficulties which may require alternatives such as debt relief orders and bankruptcy

The Money Advice Service has a range of helpful information on all things money-related.

If you are struggling to buy or replace a washing machine, fridge or cooker, support is available from Turn2Us.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The best advice will always be to contact us first, but there may be times when you could need a little extra help. Maybe there are problems with housing benefit that you have tried to resolve but have been unable to, maybe your tax credits or Universal Credit have been disrupted, or maybe a change in circumstances has left you in debt and you are not sure how to move forward.

Your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can provide you with free, impartial advice and help you to resolve these problems and ensure you get your rent payments back on track.

For tenants living in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire we have a special agreement. If you run into arrears, your Income Officer might refer you to CAB directly and you can expect a call and an offer of an appointment, either over the phone or in person.

Alternatively, you can call the Northamptonshire office on 01604 235080 or the Leicestershire office on 01530 551420 directly. Please mention that you are an emh homes tenant when calling.

Money Max

The Money Max service run by Citizens Advice Leicestershire provides intensive money support to county residents (except Charnwood). It aims to support clients who may be struggling with debt or have money management issues.

Clients can also access budgeting help and advice on energy, housing, and welfare benefits. If you are not sure what help you need, just get in touch and they can work out how they can support you.

T: 0116 497 6212


Money Max is open Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:30pm.

The Bridge

A registered charity delivering a number of services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in Charnwood, Leicestershire, and Rutland, The Bridge has a national reputation for developing best practice in a number of areas.

The services it provides include:

  • Housing Advice Service
  • Housing Matters - Housing Support Service covering Leicestershire and Rutland
  • talk²sort Mediation Service
  • Single Access Point (SAP) for 16/17 year-olds

To find out more, please go to the website.

Our Group