Since April 2013 the Government has reduced the amount of money available and asked local authorities to run their own discount schemes. This will vary from area to area, so please contact your local authority to find out if you are still eligible for support and how much you will receive.

Please note

If you are claiming Universal Credit then you MUST also claim council tax support directly from your local authority otherwise you may fall behind with your payments.

Historically, housing benefit and council tax support were claimed together on the same form, but now Universal Credit (which contains a housing element) is claimed online from the Department of Work and Pensions, and council tax support from you local authority on a separate form.

Our Group